Thursday 26 July 2007

The floods

I`ve been too busy to write this week, I have had a job interview today, for lecturing on soft furnishings. I had to write two, two hour lesson plans and make small samples of work that I would do with the students. Its an adult learning lecturers job and is well paid. I won`t know if I will be accepted for two weeks but I felt it went well. I have now to get down to finishing my quilt for the 3rd August, thats the latest acceptance date. I think I`m growing webbed feet this rain barely stops, but I guess I`m lucky, I have not been flooded out. My heart goes out to those people whose homes lay in ruin, I had tears in my eyes when one elderly lady who had lost everything, said well they are only possesions. Guess I really don`t have anything to moan about.

2 comments:

AC said...

Good luck with the job..I hope you get it!
Take care,
Alison x

Papoosue said...

Good luck with that, fingers crossed! You are so right - we shouldn't complain, it's just sometimes hard to remember to get things into perspective. xx