Friday 13 July 2007

mr owl

This is Mr Owl for my " Owl and the Pussy Cat" quilt , you cant quite see his eyes but they are teddy bear ones and look good.
I went to Kenilworth yesterday, they have a market there the fruit and veg are very fresh. Found a shop that sell haberdashery, these shops are few and far between, bought my eyes some new threads and iron-on backing for my owl. I could not resist the charity shops and picked up a dressmaking book which has really good tips, also some pretty edging which needs a wash but will come in use for one of my future projects. I also found a sewing pattern for a doll and dolls clothes. All for 50p each.

2 comments:

Papoosue said...

Mr Owl looks great - what a fantastic texture he has!

Anonymous said...

Why are haberdashers so hard to find these days? Have we become a totally throw-away society? I for one still sew and replace loose buttons and falling hems...am I in the minority?

Found you through a comment you left on Foxgloves. Welcome to the world of blogging.

Marie