Wednesday 12 September 2007

Good news, bad news?

I have been been busy sorting though masses of paper work, to find copies of sewing notes and patterns. I have managed to find space for two classes in a community centre. I am calling them "Needlecraft Group" I feel this is what I want, a group of people who are eager to carry on their skills and those who want to learn, all getting together to share in making something crafty, soft furnishings or wearable clothes knitted or sewn. The rooms are in an old Victorian school, with high windows that I remember from when I went to infant school. I am preparing the first meeting, making a needle case using crazy patchwork also a pin cushion, two simple things to make while we get acquainted. I guess at the moment I feel a bit nervous in case no-one turns up!!!! I had a fall on Saturday and I have cracked a couple of ribs, I can not sneeze or laugh because it hurts, they don`t strap you up anymore, I am taking pain killers and they seem to take the shine off my days at the moment because I feel tired, but looking on the bright side the weather is great and I can sit in the garden.

1 comment:

Papoosue said...

Oh Mavis, you poor thing! I hope you heal quickly and get pain free. Please take it easy.x

The 'Needlecraft Group' sounds great and the needlecase and pincushion seem excellent first projects to do. I am impressed - I could never be brave enough to do something like that. I hope you get a nice amount of students turning up. xx